Start your day off with a dose of inspiration from the many talented and inspirational African American voices. From Maya Angelou to Martin Luther King Jr., these good morning quotes will give you the motivation to take on the day! Whether you’re looking for a daily reminder of the power of resilience and perseverance, quotes for Black History Month or social media, or just need some uplifting words to kick off your morning, these inspirational African American good morning quotes will leave you feeling ready to take on whatever comes your way.
Benefits of Using Inspirational Quotes to Start Your Day
We all have our own way of starting off our day. Some of us like to take a few moments to meditate or practice yoga, while others prefer to take a brisk walk or hit the gym. But whatever your routine, one thing you may want to consider introducing into your morning is the use of inspirational quotes.
Inspirational quotes have the power to inspire us, motivate us, and remind us that anything is possible. They can be a positive energy source and help set the tone for the day. Here are some of the benefits of using inspirational quotes to start your day.
1. They can help you to focus
Using inspirational quotes as part of your morning routine can help to focus your mind on the task ahead. It can be easy to get distracted and lose sight of the bigger picture, but a few simple words can be enough to put things into perspective and remind you of your goals.
2. They can serve as a source of motivation
Quotes can be a great way to remind us of our potential and to push us to do our best. They can serve as a source of motivation and provide the much-needed encouragement to get started on the day.
3. They can help to give you a sense of purpose
Oftentimes, it can be hard to get out of bed in the morning. But having a few inspirational words to start your day can help to give you clarity and a sense of purpose. It can be the push you need to get up and get going.
4. They can help to keep you grounded
It can be easy to get carried away with the hustle and bustle of life, but inspirational quotes can help to keep you grounded and remind you of what’s most important. They can help to keep your priorities in check and help you to stay focused on your goals.
5. They can bring a sense of peace
Life can be chaotic and it can be easy to get overwhelmed. But inspirational quotes can help to bring a sense of peace and put things into perspective. They can be a reminder to take a step back and appreciate the present moment.
Inspirational African American Good Morning Quotes
As the sun rises, it’s important to start the day with a positive mindset. Whether it’s a pep talk from a loved one or an inspirational quote from a famous figure, finding the right words to set the tone for the day can make all the difference.
For those looking for some extra motivation, here are some examples of inspirational African American good morning quotes. From famous African American figures to African American authors and activists, these quotes will give you the motivation you need to start a successful day. Hover over an image to pin to Pinterest.
1. “A new day is like a blank canvas; paint it however you like.” – Maya Angelou
2. “No matter how big the dream, one has to start somewhere.” – Oprah Winfrey
3. “You can’t be what you can’t see.” – Michael Jordan
4. “Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life, as by the obstacles which he has overcome.” – Booker T. Washington
5. “A wise woman wishes to be no one’s enemy; a wise woman refuses to be anyone’s victim.” – Toni Morrison
6. “Good morning is not just a phrase – it’s an action and a belief to live the entire day well.” – Will Smith
7. “The future lies before you, like paths of pure white snow. Be careful how you tread it, as every step will show.” –Maya Angelou
8. “The sun is a daily reminder that we too can rise again from the darkness, that we too can shine our own light.” – Oprah Winfrey
9. “Every morning is a fresh beginning — a chance to do something different.” – Alice Walker
10. “We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.” – Martin Luther King, Jr
11. “The morning is a lifelong teacher — all we have to do is open our eyes and ears.” – Toni Morrison
12. “A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.” – Jackie Robinson
13. “I will not have my life narrowed down. I will not bow down to somebody else’s whim or to someone else’s ignorance.” – Bell Hooks
14. “Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.” – Martin Luther King, Jr
15. “Whatever we believe about ourselves and our ability comes true for us.” – Susan L. Taylor
16. “What’s the world for if you can’t make it up the way you want it?” – Toni Morrison
17. “Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.”- Barack Obama
18. “It’s not about how much you do, but how much love you put into what you do that counts.” – Maya Angelou
10. “If there is no struggle, there is no progress.” – Frederick Douglass
20. “The man who has no imagination has no wings.” Muhammad Ali
21. “The time is always right to do what is right.” – Dr. Martin Luther King
22. “Never be limited by other people’s limited imaginations.” – Dr. Mae Jemison.
23. “It isn’t where you came from; it’s where you’re going that counts.” – Ella Fitzgerald
24. “Nothing will work unless you do.” – Maya Angelou
25. “If you’re walking down the right path and you’re willing to keep walking, eventually you’ll make progress.” – Barack Obama
26. “Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome.” – Booker T. Washington
27. “You must never be fearful about what you are doing when it is right.” – Rosa Parks
28. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela
29. “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” – Maya Angelou
30. “Success isn’t about how much money you make; it’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.” – Michelle Obama
31. “At every moment, we always have a choice, even if it feels as if we don’t. Sometimes that choice may simply be to think a more positive thought.” ― Tina Turner
32. “When the heart is right, the mind and the body will follow.” — Coretta Scott King
33. “It costs you something to do good!”- Zora Neale Hurston
You May Also Like: 90 Incredible Tuesday Motivation Qiotes to Reignite Your Ambitions
Inspirational Good Morning Quotes for African Americans
Good morning! We all need a little motivation sometimes and what better way to start the day than with some inspirational African American Good Morning Quotes? Here are some of our favorites to give you the motivation you need to tackle the day.
34. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Eliot
35. When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive – to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. – Marcus Aurelius
36. A day without prayer is a day without blessing, and a life without prayer is a life without power.~ Edwin Harvey.
37. “A good morning is when you rise with a smile on your face and a spring in your step. Embrace the new day with positivity and hope.” – Unknown
38. “I hope you realize that every day is a fresh start for you. That every sunrise is a new chapter in your life waiting to be written.” – Juansen Dizon
39. “May you begin this day with a smile on your face, and with happiness for your soul to embrace.”. – Unknown
40. Don’t be pushed around by the fears in your mind, Be led by the dreams in your heart.” – Roy T. Bennett
You May Also Like: 60 Good Morning Thursday Inspirational Quotes to Brighten Your Day
Best Spiritual Good Morning Quotes for African Americans
For African Americans, mornings can also be a time of spiritual reflection. This is why having a few best spiritual African American good morning quotes can help us start our day off right. These uplifting and inspirational quotes can help us stay grounded in our faith and keep us positive about the day ahead. Here are a few of the best spiritual African American good morning quotes to help get your day started on the right foot:
41. “Start each day with a grateful heart.” – Maya Angelou
42. “A morning without prayer is like a day without sunshine.” – Martin Luther
43. “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” – Beverly Sills
44. “Every morning is a new opportunity to make your dreams come true.” – Maya Angelou
45. “If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way.” – Napolean Hill
46. “Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens.” – Carl Jung
47. “The day will be what you make it, so rise, like the sun, and burn.” – William C. Hannan
48. “Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” – John Wooden
49. “The key is to keep company only with people who uplift you, whose presence calls forth your best.” – Epictetus
50. “It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.” – Aristotle
51. “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” – Marcus Aurelius
52. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”—Martin Luther King, Jr.
You May Also Like: Feel Rejuvenated With Our 95 Incredible Wednesday Motivational Quotes
Kings and Queens, Rise and Shine to these Inspirational Quotes
These inspirational quotes remind us of our collective strength and ability to overcome obstacles in the pursuit of progress. As African Americans, let us rise and shine each day, believing in the power of our dreams and in our ability to create a better future.
53. “Make each day your masterpiece.” – John Wooden
54. “The best way to predict the future is to create it.” – Peter Drucker
55. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
56. “You are never too old to set a new goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
57. “The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
58. “The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.” – Paul Valery
59. “You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction.” – George Horace Lorimer
60. “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” – Jimmy Dean
61. “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” – Mahatma Gandhi
62. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
63. “The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
You May Also Like: Inspirational Birthday Quotes for Son – 95 Ideas
64. “Each morning we are born again. What we do today matters most.” – Buddha
65. “Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today. “– Will Rogers
“66. In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity.”- Albert Einstein
67. “You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.” – Zig Ziglar
68. “The key to success is to best start before you are ready.” – Marie Forleo
69. “If you want something you’ve never had, you must be willing to do something you’ve never done.” – Anonymous
70. “Keep your face always toward the sunshine – and shadows will fall behind you.” – Walt Whitman
71. “I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.” – Pablo Picasso
72. “You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one.” – Anonymous
73. “Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
74. “I am not my past. I am my present. I am my future.” – Lauren Blakely
75. “When things don’t go right, go left.” – Lemony Snicket
Wise Words for a Beautiful Morning
These inspirational African American good morning quotes remind us of the power of resilience, optimism, and courage. They remind us that no matter the circumstances, our strength, and determination can get us through anything. We are all capable of achieving our dreams and making a positive impact on the world. Let us all take a moment to appreciate these amazing African American figures and others who have inspired and motivated us to do our best every day.