Sometimes it’s hard to find the strength to move on after a breakup. But no matter how challenging the situation may be, it’s always possible to find the courage to keep going. These inspirational breakup quotes can be a source of hope and strength for anyone going through a difficult breakup. From famous authors to everyday people, these quotes provide comfort and wisdom during difficult moments. Read on for some of the best inspirational breakup quotes to get you back on your feet.
The Power of Inspirational Quotes
Break ups can be a difficult experience for anyone, leaving a person feeling overwhelmed and unsure of their future. However, even in the midst of despair, the power of inspirational quotes can be a source of strength and comfort to help you move forward.
When going through a break up, it can feel like the world is crumbling around you and that there is no hope. Inspirational quotes can help you to look beyond the darkness and to see the light that lies ahead. They can provide a sense of hope and give you the courage to keep going.
The power of inspirational quotes lies in the fact that they can speak to your innermost fears and doubts and provide you with the motivation to keep going. They can help you to see that there is a reason for the break up and that you can learn from it. They remind you that you are strong and that you can overcome any obstacle, even a broken heart.
Reading inspirational quotes can also help you to understand that mistakes happen and that it’s okay to make them. They can help you to forgive yourself for any wrongs you may have done and to remember that you are still worthy of love and respect. They can remind you to keep going despite the pain and to stay positive as you go through the healing process.
Finally, inspirational quotes can be a great source of comfort when you are feeling lonely. They remind you that you are not alone and that there are people who care and will be there to help you through this difficult time. It’s important to remember that you can get through anything, even a break up, with the right attitude and the right mindset.
You May Also Like: 101 Inspirational Quotes about Life and Struggles for Tough Times
Inspirational Breakup Quotes
Inspiring breakup quotes are a great way to empower yourself during a difficult time. Whether you are dealing with a recent breakup or have been struggling with a breakup for some time, these quotes will help you gain a new perspective and give you the strength to move on.
1. “When someone leaves, it’s because someone else is about to arrive.” – Paulo Coelho
2. “I think it’s time to take a risk / by ending now and starting new. / You’ll always be a part of me on the inside / and I’ll always have our memories to share.” ― Shelby Floro
3. “A relationship, I think, is like a shark. It has to constantly move forward or it dies. And I think what we got on our hands is a dead shark.” — Alvy Singer
4. “I’m not crying because of you; you’re not worth it. I’m crying because my delusion of who you were was shattered by the truth of who you are.” ― Steve Maraboli
5. “Letting go has never been easy, but holding on can be as difficult. Yet strength is measured not by holding on, but by letting go.” – Len Santos
6. “When someone leaves you, apart from missing them, apart from the fact that the whole little world you’ve created together collapses, and that everything you see or do reminds you of them, the worst is the thought that they tried you out and, in the end, the whole sum of parts adds up to you got stamped REJECT by the one you love.” – Helen Fielding
7. “The most authentic thing about us is our capacity to create, to overcome, to endure, to transform, to love, and to be greater than our suffering.” — Ben Okri
You May Also Like: 101 Best Inspirational Quotes for Your Life Journey
8. “One makes mistakes; that is life. But it is never a mistake to have loved.” – Romain Rolland
9. “Love lasts about seven years. That’s how long it takes for the cells of the body to totally replace themselves.” – Francoise Sagan
10. “Nothing hurts more than being disappointed by the one person who you thought would never hurt you.” — Gugu Mofokeng
11. “Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.” – Deborah Reber
12. “When you break up with someone, and I’m not talking casual breakups here, it’s hard to take the sudden absence of such an important person in your life.” – Lish McBride
13. “I will not try to convince you to love me, to respect me, to commit to me. I deserve better than that; I am better than that. Goodbye!”— Steve Maraboli
14. “What’s that line from T.S. Eliot? To arrive at the place where you started, but to know it for the first time. I’m able to write about a breakup from a different place. Same brokenness. Same rock-bottom. But a little more informed, now I’m older. Thank God for growing up.” – Alanis Morissette
15. “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.” – Khalil Gibran
16. You can’t look back – you just have to put the past behind you, and find something better in your future.” – Jodi Picoult
17. “It’s afterward you realize that the feeling of happiness you had with a man didn’t necessarily prove that you loved him.” ― Marguerite Duras
You May Also Like: 60 You Are Amazing Motivational Quotes to Empower You and Your Loved Ones
Inspirational Quotes to Heal a Broken Heart
Quotes can be a great source of comfort and solace during a difficult time. A broken heart can be an incredibly painful experience, and it can be hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. But inspiring quotes can provide comfort and hope, reminding us that we can heal and that we are not alone in our journey.
18. “The heart will break, but broken live on.” — Lord Byron
19. “What’s broken is broken—and I’d rather remember it as it was than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived.”– Margaret Mitchell
20. “When someone loves you, there’s nothing they won’t do for you. When they stop loving you, there’s nothing they will.” – Matt Dun
21. “What you start learning is that to get over a breakup, you kind of have to live through the emotions and not run away from it because then it lasts longer.” — Bebe Rexha
22. “Some people are meant to frame your destiny but not reach the destined destination with you.” – Adhish Mazumder
23. “When someone you love says goodbye you can stare long and hard at the door they closed and forget to see all the doors God has open in front of you.” – Shannon L. Alder
24. “Don’t cry when the sun is gone because the tears won’t let you see the stars.” – Violeta Parra
25. “The easiest way to teach someone how to treat you is to refuse to give them more opportunities to hurt you. Walk away…” — R.H. Sin
26. “All the broken hearts in the world still beat.” ― Ingrid Michaelson
27. “Heartbroken? Channel your sorrow to become worthy of love. The world will be yours.” – Tapan Ghosh
28. “Every time your heart is broken, a doorway cracks open to a world full of new beginnings, new opportunities.” – Patti Roberts
29.“Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.” – Deborah Reber
30. “Love is unconditional. Relationships are not.” – Grant Gudmunson
31. “Being in a relationship has the tendency to deceive one into believing that there is someone without whom one cannot live.”― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
32. “You know, a heart can be broken, but it keeps on beating, just the same.”― Fannie Flagg
33. “Sometimes it takes a heartbreak to shake us awake and help us see we are worth so much more than we’re settling for.” – Mandy Hale
34. “No matter how bad your heart is broken, the world doesn’t stop for your grief.” – Faraaz Kazi
35. “My feet will want to walk to where you are sleeping but I shall go on living.” – Pablo Neruda
You May Also Like: 85 Inspirational Good Night Quotes to End Your Day with a Smile!
Motivational Quotes About Moving On
Motivational quotes about moving on can be a great source of inspiration and motivation for anyone who is struggling to let go and move on after a bad breakup. These break up quotes can help remind us that life is constantly changing and that sometimes it’s best to accept the breakup and that it’s time to let go and move forward.
36. “Life moves on and so should we”– Spencer Johnson
37. “We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” – E.M. Forster
38. “The only way to survive a break-up is to move on and get over it.” ― Taylor Swift
39. “Moving on, is a simple thing, what it leaves behind is hard.” – Dave Mustaine
40. “We must be willing to let go of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” – Joseph Campbell
41. “I tell you the past is a bucket of ashes, so live not in your yesterdays, not just for tomorrow, but in the here and now. Keep moving and forget the post mortems; and remember, no one can get the jump on the future.” – Carl Sandburg
42. “You can’t look back – you just have to put the past behind you, and find something better in your future.” – Jodi Picoult
You May Also Like: 80 Good Morning Monday Inspirational Quotes to Start Your Week
43. “Let it hurt. Let it bleed. Let it heal. And let it go.” – Nikita Gill
44. “You can only move on if you accept that it’s gone.” — The Goddess Rebellion
45. “We must be willing to let go of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” – Joseph Campbell
46. “Moving on is easy. It’s staying moved on that’s trickier.” ― Katerina Stoykova Klemer
47. “No matter how bad you want a person, if your hearts are in two different places, you’ll have to pass and move on.” – Alexandra Elle
48. “Some think that holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it’s letting go.” – Hermann Hesse
49. “If you really want closure… at some point, you have to shut the door.” — Jacki Wells Wunderlin
50. “You can love them, forgive them, want good things for them … but still move on without them.” — Mandy Hale
51. “Let go. Why do you cling to pain? There is nothing you can do about the wrongs of yesterday. It is not yours to judge. Why hold on to the very thing which keeps you from hope and love?” – Leo Buscaglia
You May Also Like: 115 Good Morning Sunday Inspirational Quotes To Jumpstart Your Day!
Positive Breakup Quotes
Positive breakup quotes will help to heal the hurt associated with a break up. These quotes provide encouragement to move forward and learn from the experience, as well as help to remind us of the joy and beauty that life can offer. They can also help us to look back and appreciate the good times and to remember that the end of one chapter does not mean the end of the story.
52. “The only whole heart is a broken one because it lets the light in.”― David Wolpe
53. “I’m going to smile and make you think I’m happy, I’m going to laugh, so you don’t see me cry, I’m going to let you go in style, and even if it kills me – I’m going to smile.” — Lone Star
54. “If you lost it, it’s because you’re meant to find something better. Trust, let go, and make room for what’s coming.” – Mandy Hale
55. “To love and win is the best thing. To love and lose is the next best.” – William Makepeace Thackeray
56. “I’m choosing happiness over suffering, I know I am. I’m making space for the unknown future to fill up my life with yet-to-come surprises.”— Elizabeth Gilbert
57. “The woman who does not require validation from anyone is the most feared individual on the planet.” — Mohadesa Najumi
58. “Sometimes we must undergo hardships, breakups, and narcissistic wounds, which shatter the flattering image that we had of ourselves, in order to discover two truths: that we are not who we thought we were; and that the loss of a cherished pleasure is not necessarily the loss of true happiness and well-being.” – Jean-Yves Leloup
59. “I’m thankful for my struggle because without it I wouldn’t have stumbled across my strength.” – Alex Elle
60. “In the process of letting go you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself.”– Deepak Chopra
61. “One of the best times for figuring out who you are and what you really want out of life? Right after a break-up.” ― Mandy Hale
62. “Breakups can be sad, but sometimes tears are the price we pay for a freedom we need.” ― Steve Maraboli
63. “I wore your promise on my finger for one year, I’ll wear your name on my heart ‘till I die. Because you were my boy, you were my only boy forever.” ― Coco J. Ginger
You may Also Like: 70 Empowering Inspirational Quotes to Transform Your Life!
Breakup Quotes to Soothe Your Heartbreak
Breakup quotes to soothe your heartbreak is a collection of meaningful and powerful quotes to help you heal and move on from a broken heart. These quotes provide a sense of comfort and understanding to those who are struggling with the pain and sadness of a breakup. They offer words of wisdom and encouragement to help you take the first steps to get over a breakup and rebuild your life.
64. “Hearts live by being wounded.” – Oscar Wilde
65. “It hurts to let go. Sometimes it seems the harder you try to hold on to something or someone the more they want to get away.” – Henry Rollins
66. “It is not the end of the world, and it is not the end of you. It is simply the end of a particular chapter in your life.” ― Mandy Hale
67. “I’ve learned that just because I don’t know how to break up with someone, doesn’t mean they were worth keeping.”― Steve Maraboli
68. “I mean, if the relationship can’t survive the long term, why on earth would it be worth my time and energy for the short term?” – Nicholas Sparks
69. “When we are in love, we are convinced nobody else will do. But as time goes, others do do, and often do do, much much better.”― Coco J. Ginger
70. “The saddest thing about love is that not only that it cannot last forever, but that heartbreak is soon forgotten.” – William Faulkner
71. “When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us” – Alexander Graham Bell
72. “One doesn’t simply grieve the loss of a relationship. One grieves the loss of the possible future, as well as the wiping-out of the past.”― Katerina Stoykova-Klemer
You May Also Like: Find Joy in these 125 Inspirational Ocean Quotes and Captions
73. “The heart was made to be broken.” — Oscar Wilde
74. “Some people don’t realize what they have until it’s gone, but that does not always mean they are supposed to get it back.”― Stephan Labossiere
75. “The broken heart. You think you will die, but you keep living, day after day after terrible day.”― Charles Dickens
76. “Everyone’s allowed to be in love with the wrong person at some point. In fact, it’s a mistake not to be.”– Harriet Evans
77. “It was strange, really. A couple months ago, I had thought I couldn’t live without him. Apparently I could.” – Gabrielle Zevin
78. “When you are heartbroken it can be exhausting feeling so sad. You are either crying, trying not to cry or drained from all the crying yesterday.” — Ziella Bryars
79. “Stab the body and it heals, but injure the heart and the wound lasts a lifetime.” – Mineko Iwasaki
80. “I know my heart will never be the same but I’m telling myself I’ll be okay.” – Sara Evans
81. “Don’t allow someone not worth it to have the power to occupy your thoughts. If they don’t find you worth the effort or the time, why should you waste yours?” – Donna Lynn Hope
You May Also Like: 75 Inspirational African American Good Morning Quotes to Start Your Day
Breakup Quotes to Help You Heal
Breakup quotes to help you heal is a collection of inspiring and uplifting quotes designed to help you heal and move on from a painful breakup. Whether you are ending a long-term relationship or a short-term fling, these quotes will provide comfort, perspective, and hope for those who are looking for a way to start the healing process. From words of encouragement to words of wisdom, these quotes will encourage you to take the time to heal from the pain and find the strength and courage to start anew.
82. “Sooner or later we’ve all got to let go of our past.”– Dan Brown
83. “Lots of things can be fixed. Things can be fixed. But many times, relationships between people cannot be fixed, because they should not be fixed.” ― C. JoyBell C.
84. “If someone breaks up, it’s an opportunity to revamp yourself; this time better and stronger than before.”― Vikrmn
85. “You’ll get through this. And I know it’s impossible to believe right now, but it gets better. Trust me.” — Susane Colasanti
86. “Let’s face it, when you are heartbroken you do not make the best decisions, and the decisions you make now will affect the rest of your healing journey.” — Tatiana Jerome
87. “I just always have to cry out a breakup, and then I can make peace with it pretty quickly.” — Brittany Murphy
88. “Just because someone has been in your life for many years, doesn’t mean there shouldn’t be a point at which you finally decide to let go.” – Wilfred James Dolor
89. “You can’t break up what was never together. But my heart didn’t get that memo.”― Rachel Harris
90. “Two words. Three vowels. Four consonants. Seven letters. It can either cut you open to the core and leave you in ungodly pain or it can free your soul and lift a tremendous weight off your shoulders. The phrase is: It’s over.” ― Maggi Richard
You May Also Like: Rejuvenate With Our 95 Incredible Wednesday Motivational Quotes
91. “The way they leave tells you everything.” — Rupi Kaur
92. “I don’t think much about guys from the past. I’m glad I knew them, but there’s a reason they didn’t make it into my future.”― Lorraine Zago Rosenthal
93. “The quickest way to rectify that mistake (choosing the wrong person) is by learning from that, moving on, and choosing much more wisely in the future.”
94. “I cannot compromise my respect for your love. You can keep your love, I will keep my respect.” ― Amit Kalantri
95. “I think it’s important to realize you can miss something, but not want it back.” – Paulo Coelho
96. “You loved him enough to let him leave… Now you need to love yourself enough to let him go.” ― Ranata Suzuki
97. “A single heartbreak teaches you more than what a lifetime of schooling can.”― Vineet Raj Kapoor
98. “If you spend your time hoping someone will suffer the consequences for what they did to your heart, then you’re allowing them to hurt you a second time in your mind.” – Shannon L. Alder
99. “We’re not broken, just bent, and we can learn to love again.” — Pink
100. “Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energies on moving forward toward finding the answer.” – Denis Waitley
You May Also Like: 90 Incredible Tuesday Motivation Quotes to Reignite Your Ambitions
Funny Breakup Quotes
Funny breakup quotes are a great way to make light of a difficult situation. When you’re going through the pain of a breakup, it can be helpful to laugh and look at the situation with a bit of humor. Funny breakup quotes can provide you with a much-needed sense of perspective, and help you to see the situation in a different light. Whether you’re looking to laugh off the pain, or just need a funny one-liner to make you smile, funny quotes can be a great source of comfort and solace during a time of heartbreak.
101. “The hottest love has the coldest end.” – Socrates
102. “I never hated a man enough to give his diamonds back.” — Zsa Zsa Gabor
103. “You fell in love with a storm. Did you really think you would get out unscathed?”― Nikita Gill
104. “New clothes are a great way to deal after a breakup. A good mix CD also helps you get through it and… you know, 72 hours of ice cream.” ― Jennifer Love Hewitt
105. “Comfort me with apples, for I am sick of love.” ― Solomon
106. “Hate is such a luxurious emotion, it can only be spent on one we love.” – Bob Udkoff
107. “If someone breaks your heart just punch them in the face. Seriously punch them in the face and go get some ice cream.” – Frank Ocean
You May Also Like: 75 Inspirational Quotes for Mothers – Uplifting Words to Bring Joy
108. “I’m so miserable without you, it’s almost as if you’re here!” – Billy Ray Cyrus
109. “Blaming the ex for the breakup is like blaming the clothes for not fitting you.”― Khang Kijarro Nguyen
110. “Only time can heal his heart, just as only time can heal his broken arms and legs.” – Miss Piggy
111. “Bad days call for foods that are bad for your butt.” – H.M Ward
112. “So on a scale of one to Adele, how bad was this breakup?” ― Jennifer Lane
113. “All discarded lovers should be given a second chance, but with somebody else.” – Mae West
114. “The best way to mend a broken heart is time and girlfriends.” — Gwyneth Paltrow
115. “To get over a bad break up just get a good haircut. It really works”― Disha
116. “Failed relationships can be described as so much wasted makeup.” – Marian Keyes
You Can and You Will Get Over this Break-Up!
The end of a relationship can be a difficult and trying time for anyone. However, these inspirational breakup quotes remind us that it is possible to find strength in the midst of heartache and pain. By taking the time to focus on our own resilience, courage, and self-love, we can take our experience and use it to become more resilient, compassionate, and loving individuals. Taking the time to reframe our experience when going through a breakup and focus on the positive can help us to better appreciate our own strength and the beauty of life.