We all experience tough times in life at one point or another. In these moments, it can be difficult to find the strength and courage to carry on. Fortunately, there is an abundance of inspirational quotes about life and struggles that can motivate and encourage us during these times. From the words of some of history’s most influential leaders and thinkers, to the wisdom of everyday people, these quotes offer a comforting reminder that we are not alone in our struggles. Let’s explore some of the most powerful and uplifting inspirational quotes about life and struggles that can help us navigate our way through tough times.
Why Inspirational Quotes Are Important
Inspirational quotes can be a powerful tool for motivation, reflection, and inspiration. They are words of wisdom and encouragement that can be used to help us stay focused and motivated to achieve our goals.
At times, we can feel overwhelmed by our daily activities and the stress of life. We can feel lost and without direction. An inspirational quote can be just the thing to provide us with the guidance and encouragement to keep going.
Quotes of wisdom and inspiration have been used throughout history by great thinkers, leaders, and innovators. They have been a source of strength and clarity during difficult times, as well as a reminder of our potential.
Quotes of inspiration can often help us to shift our perspective and gain a new outlook on life. They can help to remind us of the importance of living life with purpose and passion. They can also be a source of comfort and solace during difficult times, helping to provide hope and motivation.
When we feel lost, a simple quote can serve to remind us of our goals, our dreams, and our hope for the future. Inspirational quotes can give us the courage to keep going, even when times are tough. They can also be a reminder to stay positive and to stay focused on what matters.
Quotes of inspiration can also provide us with an opportunity to reflect on our lives, our goals, and our dreams. They can be a source of inspiration and motivation to push through challenging times. They can also be used to remind us to be kind to ourselves and to forgive ourselves when things don’t go as planned.
You May Also Like: Find Joy in these 125 Inspirational Ocean Quotes and Captions
Inspirational Quotes about Life and Struggles
Life is full of challenges and struggles. We all go through difficult times and it’s not always easy to keep a positive attitude. But it’s important to remember that it’s part of life and to keep our focus on the good moments and the lessons we learn. It’s also important to take a step back and find the right motivation and inspiration to help us stay strong and keep going.
That’s why we want to share with you some of the best inspirational quotes about life and struggles that will help you stay focused and motivated.
1. “Believe me, the reward is not so great without the struggle.” – Wilma Rudolph
2. “We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.” – Kenji Miyazawa
3. “The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests.” – Epictetus
4. “When I am struggling with my life I look up towards the sky and say; Lord you take over.” – Joan Disantis
5. “When everything seems to be against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” – Henry Ford
6. “Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right.” – Henry Ford
7. “Mistakes are proof that you are trying.” – Samantha Snyder
8. “Use what you’ve been through as fuel, believe in yourself and be unstoppable!” – Yvonne Pierre
9. “Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” – John R. Wooden
10. “Never let your head hang down. Never give up and sit down and grieve. Find another way. And don’t pray when it rains if you don’t pray when the sun shines.” – Leroy Satchel Paige
You May Also Like: 70 Empowering Inspirational Quotes to Transform Your Life!
11. “Stop looking for happiness in the same place you lost it.” – Catherine Zhang
12. “To have striven, to have made the effort, to have been true to certain ideals – this alone is worth the struggle.” – William Osler
13. “Life has a way of broadsiding us with lessons that we need to learn but would rather avoid.” – Craig Groeschel
14. “It is better to have struggled and lost than never to have struggled at all.” – Pete Seeger
15. “People can have the best of intentions when they tell their loved ones how they should be living their lives. But often times, when we are in struggle, we are seeking to be supported, not solved.” – Jaeda DeWalt
16. “Even in the most difficult of times, there is always a hidden blessing that exists under all the superficial stuff that we so frequently see. There is always a rainbow waiting to burst forth after the rain.” – Daniella Whyte
17. “Life’s battles don’t always go to the stronger or faster man. But sooner or later the man who wins, is the man who thinks he can.” – Bruce Lee
18. “Life has meaning only in the struggle. Triumph or defeat is in the hands of the Gods. So let us celebrate the struggle!” – Stevie Wonder
19. “You’re imperfect, and you’re wired for struggle, but you are worthy of love and belonging.” — Brene Brown
20. “The struggles we endure today will be the ‘good old days’ we laugh about tomorrow.” – Aaron Lauritsen
You May Also Like: 115 Good Morning Sunday Inspirational Quotes To Jumpstart Your Day!
21. “The important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle.” – Pierre de Coubertin
22. “The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.” – Rudyard Kipling
23. “There are better people in the world, do not let the worst do the worst to you, you deserve the best in life.” — Michael Bassey Johnson
24. “Believing in yourself can be hard, especially when no one else believes in you, just be proud of who you are, and believe anything is possible if you put your mind to it.” – Rashida Rowe
25. “To have striven, to have made the effort, to have been true to certain ideals — this alone is worth the struggle.” – William Osler
26. “No matter what struggles I come across, I will keep going, because I have the will and strength to overcome it all. All my greatest accomplishments, I once thought I would never achieve, but I keep on succeeding every challenge that faces me. No matter what is beyond my control, nothing will ever make me less than a woman. I am and will always be a powerful woman.” – Victoria Enriquez
27. “I believe my life has no limits. I want you to feel the same way about your life, no matter what your challenges may be.” – Nick Vujicic
28. “Don’t struggle about the struggle. In other words, life’s full of ups and downs. So if you’re struggling, don’t worry, everyone else has or will at some point.” – Sean Covey
29. “The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just.” – Abraham Lincoln
30. “If there is one thing I have learned through my struggles in life, its todays trials will be tomorrows faded memories.” – Angelique Bochnak
You May Also Like: 80 Good Morning Monday Inspirational Quotes to Start Your Week
Motivational Quotes to Overcome Struggles in Life
Many leaders, thinkers, and inspirational people have shared their wisdom on how to overcome struggles. Motivational quotes can help us to look at our struggles with a different perspective, and provide us with the motivation and courage to continue to strive for our goals. They can also provide us with insight into our own situations and the ways in which we can overcome them.
Here are some of the most motivational quotes to help you through hard times.
31. “Your own life struggles are enough to motivate you.” – Sonal Takalkar
32. “Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear hardship today.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
33. “Fall seven times and get up eight.” – Japanese Proverb
34. “Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you’re going to do now and do it.” – William Durant
35. “If you don’t like something change it; if you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.” – Mary Engelbreit
36. “The bravest sight in the world is to see a great man struggling against adversity.” – Seneca
37. “Dream, struggle, create, prevail. Be daring. Be brave. Be loving. Be compassionate. Be strong. Be brilliant. Be beautiful.” – Caterina Fake
38. “When life gets tough, you must remember that you are not defined by your struggles, but by how you overcome them.” – Ruskin Bond
39. “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.” – Maya Angelou
You May Also Like: Celebrate with These Inspirational 40th Birthday Quotes!
40. “Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.” – Charles R. Swindoll
41. “Life is essentially a cheat and its conditions are those of defeat; the redeeming things are not happiness and pleasure but the deeper satisfactions that come out of struggle.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
42. “A life filled with vicissitudes, uncertainty and hard lessons provides us with skills to better approach new challenges that come along.” – Vivian Eisenecher
43. “Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.” -Vivian Greene
44. “I’m not interested in passion and love for their own sake – without the struggle of life, they’re just fluff.” – Mira Nair
45. “You can’t solve anyone else’s life for them. But then, if you see someone struggling with a heavy load, isn’t it forbidden to walk on without helping them?” – Naomi Alderman
46. “The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of those depths.” – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
47. “All life demands struggle. Those who have everything given to them become lazy, selfish, and insensitive to the real values of life. The very striving and hard work that we so constantly try to avoid is the major building block in the person we are today.” – Pope Paul VI
48. “The harder the struggle, the more glorious the triumph. Self-realization demands very great struggle.” – Swami Sivananda
49. “The battles that count aren’t the ones for gold medals. The struggles within yourself – the invisible, inevitable battles inside all of us – that’s where it’s at.“ – Jesse Owens
50. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas A. Edison
You May Also Like: 85 Inspirational Good Night Quotes to End Your Day with a Smile!
Struggles Lead to Strength Quotes
While it is easy to give into fear and discouragement during tough times, embracing the challenge can be a powerful way to gain strength. The process of overcoming struggles can create mental and physical resilience that can be applied to other areas of life.
Quotes about struggle can provide insight and motivation into our own lives. They can remind us that no matter how hard things may seem, we can come out stronger on the other side.
51. “Where there is no struggle, there is no strength.” – Oprah Winfrey
52. “Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle.” – Napoleon Hill
53. “The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength you need for tomorrow. Don’t give up.” – Robert Tew
54. “I’m thankful for my struggle because without it I wouldn’t have stumbled across my strength.” – Alex Elle
55. “Struggles not only make us into stronger, better, and wiser people, they also let us learn more about ourselves and our purpose in life.” – Auliq Ice
56. “What we all need to do is find the wellspring that keeps us going, that gives us the strength and patience to keep up this struggle for a long time.” – Winona LaDuke
57. “Sometimes you don’t realize your own strength until you come face to face with your greatest weakness.” – Susan Gale
58. “You never know how strong you are, until being strong is the only choice you have”. – Bob Marley
59. “What we all need to do is find the wellspring that keeps us going, that gives us the strength and patience to keep up this struggle for a long time.” – Winona LaDuke
60. “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
61. “Strength doesn’t come from what you can do. It comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn’t.” ― Rikki Rogers
62. “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
63. “Strength is born in the deep silence of long-suffering hearts; not amidst joy.” – Felicia Hemans
64. “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” – Ernest Hemingway
65. “In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.” – Albert Camus
You May Also Like: 60 You Are Amazing Motivational Quotes to Empower You and Your Loved Ones
Struggle is the Catalyst for Change Quotes
Struggle is a part of life, and it can often be the catalyst for change. Throughout history, inspiring figures have used their struggles and adversities to motivate others and enact positive change. These words are a powerful reminder that even in the face of overwhelming odds, perseverance and dedication can eventually lead to success.
66. “Once all struggle is grasped, miracles are possible.” – Mao Zedong
67. “The struggle of my life created empathy – I could relate to pain, being abandoned, having people not love me.”- Oprah Winfrey
68. “Do not be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them and start again.” – Richard Branson
69. “In the heart of every struggle lies an opportunity to grow.” – Melanie M. Koulouris
70. “We grow because we struggle, we learn and overcome.” – R. C. Allen
71. “When you learn to see your struggles as opportunities to become stronger, better, wiser, then your thinking shifts from ‘I can’t do this’ to ‘I must do this.” – Toni Sorenson
72. “Your willingness to look at your darkness is what empowers you to change.” – Iyanla Vanzant
73. “Life requires overcoming challenges and obstacles of many types. Battling our struggles and fears determines who we are.” – David Weatherford
74. “Challenges are our biggest teachers. Nothing teaches us more in life than challenges.” – Brenda Natha
You May Also Like: Words of Encouragement to a Friend Feeling Down Quotes – 75 Ideas
75. “We grow because we struggle, we learn and overcome.” – R. C. Allen
76. “The struggle of life is one of our greatest blessings. It makes us patient, sensitive, and Godlike. It teaches us that although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.” – Helen Keller
77. “Life’s struggles are not supposed to paralyze you, they’re supposed to help you discover who you are.” – Bernice Johnson Reagon
78. “Our biggest struggle as human beings is to project ourselves as something that society has deemed admirable or likable instead of being honest.” – Matthew Shultz
79. “If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters. This struggle may be a moral one; or it may be a physical one; or it may be both moral and physical; but it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will.” – Frederick Douglass
80. “As I struggled to put together a life for myself – based on my terms and my needs, in other words, a life worth living, it all boiled down to building my self-confidence.” – Bill Andrews
81. “My story is a freedom song of struggle. It is about finding one’s purpose, how to overcome fear and to stand up for causes bigger than one’s self.” – Coretta Scott King
82. “Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom. A man can’t ride you unless your back is bent.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
83. “People can have the best of intentions when they tell their loved ones how they should be living their lives. But often times, when we are in struggle, we are seeking to be supported, not solved.” – Jaeda DeWalt
You May Also Like: 85 Morning Inspirational Quotes for Him: Start the Day with Love
Struggle to Success Quotes
Sometimes, achieving success can seem like an uphill battle. We may have to take risks and persevere through difficult times in order to reach our goals. We must be willing to work hard and face challenges in order to reach our goals. With dedication and perseverance, we can be successful and reach our highest potential.
84. “Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dare to win.” — Bernadette Devlin
85. “Don’t compare your struggles to anyone else’s. Don’t get discouraged by the success of others. Make your own path and never give up.” – MJ Korvan
86. “In this life, to earn your place you have to fight for it.” – Shakira
87. “Be proud of struggles in your life. They bring you closer to greatness.” – Auliq Ice
88. “Maybe the truth was, it shouldn’t be so easy to be amazing. Then everything would be. It’s the things you fight for and struggle with before earning that have the greatest worth. When something’s difficult to come by, you’ll do that much more to make sure it’s even harder–if not impossible–to lose.” – Sarah Dessen
89. “Success is not measured by what you accomplish, but by the opposition you have encountered, and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds.” – Orison Swett Marden
90. “My beliefs are that good people who work hard get their rewards. There will be struggle at times and hurdles along the way – life throws up all sorts – but in the end, you will prevail if you stick to the right path.” – Moeen Ali
91. “You stay safe, You love. You survive. You laugh and cry and struggle and sometimes you fail and sometimes you succeed. You push.” – Carrie Ryan
You May Also Like: 101 Best Inspirational Quotes for Your Life Journey
92. “There is scarcely any passion without struggle.” – Albert Camus
93. “Nothing is given to man on earth – struggle is built into the nature of life, and conflict is possible – the hero is the man who lets no obstacle prevent him from pursuing the values he has chosen.” – Andrew Bernstein
94. “Once you make it to your point of making it, you’ll appreciate the struggle.” – Nas
95. “Not many great things have ever been done without struggling, stand up for your dream, a definite plan and burning desire can get you there.” – Okorote Emmanuel
96. “Don’t feel entitled to anything you didn’t sweat and struggle for.” – Marian Wright Edelman
97. “No matter what happens, no matter how far you seem to be away from where you want to be, never stop believing that you will somehow make it.” – Brad Gast
98. “Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us.” – Paul Millsap
99. “Look at my success. I didn’t achieve it overnight. It has been the product of many years’ struggle, and every year, my times have shown gradual improvement.” – Mo Farah
100. “It’s in the ‘valleys’ of your life that you can drink from God’s sweetest streams.” – Richard Daly
101. “I have seen good times and bad times, struggle and success.” – Himani Shivpuri
This Too Shall Pass
In life, we will all face struggles and tough times. However, it is important to remember that life is full of beauty and opportunity. We can use inspirational quotes to help us stay motivated and hopeful during these difficult times. By reminding ourselves that life is full of adventure and possibility, we can face each challenge and obstacle that comes our way with courage and strength. No matter how tough the times may be, we can always find the strength and hope to keep going. “This too shall pass.” – Persian adage