The road to recovery can be a long and difficult one. But with the right support and mindset, it is possible to find the strength within to overcome any obstacle. To help you on your journey, we’ve gathered some of the most inspirational and motivational addiction recovery quotes to help you find and unlock your inner strength. Whether you’re struggling with addiction, depression, anxiety, or any other mental health issue, these quotes can provide you with the encouragement and motivation you need to stay strong. So let’s get started and explore these powerful words of wisdom!
How Positive Quotes Can Help Recovery
Recovery is a challenging and often difficult journey. It requires immense strength and willpower to overcome an addiction, and it can be a long and difficult process. For many, it is an ongoing battle that requires patience and resilience.
During this time, it is important to remember that you are not alone. There are many resources available to help you on your journey of recovery. One powerful tool that can help you along the way is positive thinking and positive quotes.
Powerful Source of Inspiration and Motivation
Positive quotes can be a powerful source of inspiration and motivation. They can help you stay focused on your recovery and remind you of why you want to get better. They can also remind you that you are strong and capable of overcoming the obstacles in your path.
Positive quotes can provide comfort when you are feeling down or overwhelmed. They can help you stay motivated and resilient in the face of difficult times. They can also help to remind you of your goals and keep you on track.
Reduce Stress and Anxiety
Positive quotes also have a therapeutic effect. They can help to reduce stress and anxiety, which can be a major part of the recovery process. They can help you to focus on the positive aspects of recovery and to celebrate the small victories.
Positive quotes can also help to promote self-care. They can remind you to take time for yourself and to practice self-care activities. They can also remind you to be kind to yourself and to take the time to do things that make you feel good.
Source of Hope
Finally, positive quotes can be a source of hope. They can remind you that recovery is possible and that you are capable of overcoming your addiction. They can also give you the courage and strength to keep going when things get tough.
Motivational Addiction Recovery Quotes
Motivational quotes can be incredibly powerful tools for those struggling with addiction to draw strength. It’s easy to become overwhelmed by the struggles of addiction, and having inspirational words to fall back on can provide a much-needed sense of hope and optimism. The following quotes can provide motivation to keep pushing forward in the recovery process, even when it feels like it’s too hard. They can also be used as a reminder of why recovery is so important. Hover over any image to pin to Pinterest.
1. “It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it.” – Lou Holtz
2. “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.’” – Muhammad Ali
3. “I’ve been absolutely terrified every moment of my life – and I’ve never let it keep me from doing a single thing I wanted to do.” – Georgia O’Keeffe
4. “I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear.” – Rosa Parks
5. “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
6. “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Neither does bathing. That’s why we recommend it daily.” – Zig Ziglar
7. “Everyone has inside of him a piece of good news. The good news is that you don’t know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is!” – Anne Frank
8. I’m not telling you it is going to be easy, I’m telling you it’s going to be worth it. – Anonymous
9. “Sometimes you’ve just got to give yourself what you wish someone else would give you.” – Dr. Phil
10. “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.”– Friedrich Nietzsche
11. “Sometimes we motivate ourselves by thinking of what we want to become. Sometimes we motivate ourselves by thinking about who we don’t ever want to be again.” – Shane Niemeyer
12. “Courage isn’t having the strength to go on – it’s going on when you don’t have strength.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
13. “Our wounds are often the openings into the best and most beautiful part of us.” – David Richo
14. “Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life. Tiptoe if you must, but take the step.” – Naeem Callaway
You May Also Like: 75 Inspirational African American Good Morning Quotes to Start Your Day
Inspirational Quotes about Recovery
Recovery is a process that requires strength, courage, and resilience. It’s the journey of accepting the reality of a difficult situation and embracing the hope that lies ahead. Every individual’s recovery is unique, but it’s a journey that is filled with inspiring quotes, words of encouragement, and powerful reminders that no matter what we’re going through, we have the strength to get through it.
Here are some of the most inspirational quotes about recovery that can give you the motivation and courage you need to keep going.
15. “A negative mind will never give you a positive life.” – Zig Ziglar
16. “We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” – Albert Einstein
17. “The bravest thing I have ever done is continuing to live when I wanted to die.” – Juliette Lewis
18. “Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right.” – Henry Ford
19. “When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” – Harriet Beecher Stowe
20. “All the suffering, stress, and addiction comes from not realizing you already are what you are looking for. “– Jon Kabat-Zinn
21. “If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you never will change the outcome.” – Michael Jordan
22. “Nobody stays recovered unless the life they have created is more rewarding and satisfying than the one they left behind.” – Anne Fletcher
23. “The only way out is through.” – Robert Frost
24. “You don’t have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you.” – Dan Millman
25. “The fact that you woke up this morning is proof that this day has already been predetermined in your favor.” — Russ Kyle
26. “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” — George Chakiris
You May Also Like: 115 Good Morning Sunday Inspirational Quotes To Jumpstart Your Day!
Quotes about Overcoming Addiction
Addiction is one of the hardest battles to fight. It can take a toll on your mental, physical, and emotional health. Fortunately, many people have overcome their addictions and gone on to lead healthy, happy lives, despite the challenges they faced. Here are some inspiring quotes about overcoming addiction and moving forward.
27. “Don’t let the past steal your present.” –Terri Guillemets
28. “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” – Henry Ford
29. “You must do the things you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
30. “Believe you can, and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
31. “If you can quit for a day, you can quit for a lifetime.” – Benjamin Alire Sáenz
32. “Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny.”– C.S. Lewis
33. “Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us.” – Nicole Reed
34. “You are never too “broken” to heal. You are never too far gone to come back to yourself.” – Isabel Rocio
35. “As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world… as in being able to remake ourselves.” – Mahatma Gandhi
36. “One thing you must realize is that: you either kill your addiction or your addiction will eventually kill you.”― Oche Otorkpa
You May Also Like: 70 Empowering Inspirational Quotes to Transform Your Life!
Recovery Journey Quotes
Recovery is a process that takes time and requires dedication, and it’s not always easy. But with the right words of encouragement, you can stay on course and be reminded of how far you’ve come on your journey. Here are some of the best recovery journey quotes that can help you stay motivated.
37. “Recovery is hard. Regret is harder.” – Brittany Burgunder
38. “What is an addiction, really? It is a sign, a signal, a symptom of distress. It is a language that tells us about a plight that must be understood.” – Alice Miller
39. “Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.” – J.K. Rowling
40. “If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.” – Vincent Van Gogh
41. “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” – Chinese Proverb
42. “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” – Alice Walker
43. “Life has many ways of testing a person’s will, either by having nothing happen at all or by having everything happen all at once.” – Paulo Coelho
44. “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” – Socrates
45. “Life doesn’t get easier or more forgiving, we get stronger and more resilient.” – Steve Maraboli
46. “Anyone can give up; it is the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone would expect you to fall apart, now that is true strength.” – Chris Bradford
47. “Recovery is taking all twelve steps…over and over and over and over…”― Toni Sorenson
48. “Addiction denied is recovery delayed.”― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
49. “Recovery isn’t always easy, but it certainly beats the alternative.”– Anonymous
You May Also Like: Find Joy in these 125 Inspirational Ocean Quotes and Captions
Inspiring Quotes to Deal with Relapse
We all have our moments of weakness and when it comes to dealing with a relapse, it can be tough to stay motivated and inspired. But there is hope, and with the right attitude, we can get through it. To help you stay inspired, here are some inspiring quotes to deal with a relapse:
50 “Fall seven times, stand up eight.” – Japanese proverb
51. “If things go wrong, don’t go with them.” – Roger Babson
52. “Every worthy act is difficult. Ascent is always difficult. Descent is easy and often slippery.” – Mahatma Gandhi
53. “Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
54. “It is by going down into the abyss that we recover the treasures of life. Where you stumble, there lies your treasure.” – Joseph Campbell
55. “Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.” – Babe Ruth
56. “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” – Carl Bard
57. “If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging.” – Anonymous
58. “We all make mistakes, have struggles, and even regret things in our past. But you are not your mistakes, you are not your struggles, and you are here now with the power to shape your day and your future.” – Steve Maraboli
59. “If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call ‘failure’ is not the falling down, but the staying down.” – Mary Pickford
60. “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” — Margaret Thatcher
61. “You are not weak for struggling. You are strong for continuing to fight.”– Anonymous
62. “Failure is a detour, not a dead-end street.” — Zig Ziglar
63. “Relapses are almost an inevitable part of any course of self-development.” – Phillipa Perry
64. “Part of recovery is relapse. I dust myself off and move forward again.” – Steven Alder
You May Also Like: 115 Good Morning Sunday Inspirational Quotes To Jumpstart Your Day
Take Recovery One Day at a Time Quotes
Recovery is a journey, and each day is an opportunity to take another step forward. As we take these steps, it can be helpful to draw motivation and courage from the wisdom of others. To that end, here are some of our favorite one day at a time quotes for recovery.
65. “Amazing how we can light tomorrow with today.” – Elizabeth Barrett Browning
66. “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
67. “The great thing in this world is not so much where you stand as what direction you are moving.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
68. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela
69. “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” – Robert Collier
70. “Either you run the day, or the day runs you.” – Jim Rohn
71. “When you rise in the morning, think of what a privilege it is to be alive, to think, to enjoy, to love …” ― Marcus Aurelius
72. “Sometimes you can only find Heaven by slowly backing away from Hell.” – Carrie Fisher
73. “You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
74. “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
75. “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb
76. “Recovery is about progression, not perfection.”– Anonymous
You Got This!
The road to recovery from addiction can be a long and difficult one, but with the help of motivational addiction recovery quotes, you can find the inner strength and resilience to keep going. Whether you need a pick-me-up to get through a tough day or an inspirational boost of motivation, these quotes can help you stay the course and make progress toward your ultimate goal. With perseverance and dedication, you can overcome your addiction and start living your life to its fullest potential. You got this!